Beauty treatments and skin care products, including face masks, are some of the most expensive products available at your local grocery store. The next time you want to indulge yourself in a little pampering, head to the produce aisle instead. This carrot face mask is perfect for oily skin and helps prevent wrinkles.
1. Peel the carrots and steam until soft. Mash the carrots into a creamy consistency or puree until juices start to form. Carrots help protect the skin from free radicals and promote the regeneration of healthy skin cells.
2. Mix in one tablespoon of all natural honey. For centuries, honey has been used as a natural remedy for many types of ailments. Honey is known to help reduce inflammation and swelling and even kills germs.
3. Stir in one tablespoon of olive oil. Olive oil is the perfect skin care product since it helps nourish and clean the skin at the same time, leaving your skin supple and glowing.
4. Squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice into the face mask mixture. Lemon is a natural astringent and will help clean greasy skin. The amount of lemon you should add depends on your skin. If your skin tends to dry easily, add only 8 to 10 drops; if you skin tends to be oily, add up to one tablespoon of lemon juice.
5. Mix in enough mineral water to give the face mask a creamy consistency. The more lemon juice you added, the less water is needed for this step. Don't add too much, or your face mask will be runny. If you feel that the mixture does not need extra liquid, it is not necessary to include the water.
6. Gently wash your face and neck with warm water and pat dry. Apply the mask evenly to your face and allow it to set for 15 minutes. Rinse your face and neck again with warm water and pat dry.
This concoction worked for me. And oh the smell is yummy too. Let me know if it works for you...
PHOTO CREDIT: Google Images
, by KT Nielsen