NEW MOMMY WISHLIST6:00 AM
It has been almost three weeks since I gave birth and all the online and store shopping I have done are all for baby. Yes, it's true and I definitely agree now that when you become a parent, you start to forget about your wants and you tend to focus more on the needs of your child. Suddenly I just want to streamline my life and I want to minimize daily decisions so that I will have more time spent with the little one. Even the things that I want to buy for myself are still directly related to satisfying my baby's needs.
1. Bringing Up Bébé - I have noticed that most if not all of the mommy bloggers that I follow have read or wants to read this book. Based on the reviews that I have read, this book is an interesting read. I want to be able to raise a bébé who can self-soothe during sleep and enjoy ALL kinds of food. Sounds promising no?
2. The Happiest Baby On The Block - This book has been highly recommended by a friend and I have a good feeling this could serve as a lifesaver one way or another. One can never go wrong with a book dubbed as the most important parenting book of the decade.
3. What to Expect the First Year - I own What To Expect Before You're Expecting as well as What To Expect When You're Expecting so I think it is only but important to me to supplement my reading with this book. This could arguably be my new baby bible. I love the trademark month-by-month format of this book and I also love that this book has a chapter on breastfeeding.
1. Ergobaby Baby Carrier in Pink/Grey Chevron - I want to own this carrier and use it when baby reaches the desired weight. This would be good to use when travelling I feel. I like the print as well as the adjustable hood feature that supports baby's head while sleeping. This carrier also allows three different carrying positions: front-inward, hip and back.
2. Moby Wrap Designs Baby Carrier in Tree - This carrier is what the husband wants me to get because it looks very comfortable as well as lightweight.
3. Kid Kanteen Stainless Steel Complete Baby Bottle Set - I am mix-feeding now and I am currently using Avent bottles that my sister gave and a few other bottles that were bought from the baby shower registry. I am however very eager to get a set of stainless steel baby bottles. I love that these bottles are phthalate-free, latex-free, BPA-free and also lead-free. Win!
4. Marpac Dohm-DS Natural White Noise Machine - I've tried lulling baby to sleep using lullaby's on Spotify and it works but not all the time. I noticed though that she likes the sound of white noise so getting a machine that has this function should be a big help to make her sleep calmer and longer.
1. Aden + Anais Classic 4-Pack Muslin Swaddles in Make Believe - I literally swoon over these pretty fabrics that are technically blankets but are also good for use as a breastfeeding cover, burp cloth, among other things. Ah! It can also be used as a bed cover for your little one maybe. Oh, I also love the Princess Posie pack.
2. HALO Newborn Micro-Fleece Sleepsack Swaddle - I have read a lot of mommies that swear by this sleep sack so I would like to give this a try too. The sleeveless design reduces the risk of overheating and the design can't be kicked off by baby too so enough warmth is an assurance all night.
So yeah those are all the items that I really need to buy for now. Like I mentioned above, a baby can take over your life in an instant - when you become a parent you forget about your wants and focus more on the needs of your little one.
I usually buy my baby items from reputable stores, onsite or online. If you opt to do some online shopping, check this out: