FRIDAY'S 10 HAPPY THINGS 146:03 AM
"The moments of happiness we enjoy takes us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us."
Here's my happy things this week:
1. I managed to cook "pancit" without soy sauce. It took a long time for me to adjust the taste by using oyster sauce but it came out pretty decent I guess. My parents-in-law loved it and went for seconds. They also loved the liver steak and potato that came with the meal. Yey!
2. I was sulking last week for not hoarding enough of the Nivea Creme in Germany. Guess what? The supermarket we frequent here in Denmark is selling it at a discount this week. So much win! I bought a few more.
3. We went on a hike again around the Esrum Lake and I had fun picking sweet chestnuts and horse chestnuts. Sweet chestnuts have spikes and they can hurt your fingers - I learned my lesson. I thought the spikes were soft just like that of a rambutan. Big mistake! The other chestnut variety is a little smoother but it's the variety that is said to be poisonous. Mama nature got some tricks up her sleeve! I'll post a picture of the two chestnut varieties in my Instagram when they open.
4. Got to pick wild blackberries. I squeal in delight every time I see a thorny vine of wild blackberries because I get to pick for free.
5. Earned another $10 from Creative Market this week. Make sure to download the October Big Bundle. The font I used in the picture above is part of the bundle. Pay only $39 for $1,374 worth of awesome digital design goodies.
6. Tasted figs for the first time. I've never tasted the fruit before so it was a delight to taste some.
7. Visited the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art. I really enjoyed the Yayoi Kusama exhibit especially the Infinity mirrored rooms. I will write another blog post about the exhibit (probably while on our layover in Dubai on Monday). This museum is the last item in our itinerary before we fly back to the Philippines. I'm quite happy we managed to complete our list.
8. Denmark's official tourism Instagram page featured my photo of the "The Obliteration Room" at the exhibit. Yay! #VisitDenmark
9. Managed to buy all Royal Copenhagen items in my list - 2 trips to the flagship store and 2 trips to 2 different outlet stores. Huge thanks to the hubby for patiently shopping with me.
10. I am half-way through packing our suitcases. That's enough reason to be happy I guess.
That sums up my happy list this week. Do you list down things that made you happy too? Do share, I would love to know.