FRIDAY'S 10 HAPPY THINGS 1512:18 AM
“Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Here's my happy things this week:
1. Survived our journey back to the Philippines. It was bittersweet to say goodbye to Denmark (especially the perfect weather - at least for me) the whole time that we were there (except for the day when we had hailstorm). We also survived a very long layover (10 hours) in Dubai but since the airport was nice and there were lots of things to see and do (read: buy) I never felt bored one bit even if I didn't have a wink of sleep.
2. We were supposed to be charged DKK3000 or roughly around PHP21,000 for 8 kilos of overweight baggage but we managed to trim down our stuff to just half kilo less than the allotted allowance. We saved a hefty sum but we also lost several things (mostly magazines and toiletries). Even then, I am still overjoyed that all the porcelain I wrapped up so carefully with paper and bubble wrap survived the grueling journey back home.
3. You know that feeling when your craving is satiated? I felt that! It was like heaven when I tasted chicken adobo again (and rice).
4. Bought the "Pleasures" font and I am so happy using the swashes and alternate letters. Love it! I am pleased - indeed!
5. Summer learned how to clap this week - with sound. She has been clapping for the past 2 weeks but she didn't produce any sound initially so another milestone checked.
6. My blog was nominated for #Bloggys2015. I am elated and in case you wanted to help me be the People's Choice, you can vote using this link - http://bloggys.ph/section-3/.
7. The Denmark Tourism official Twitter account retweeted my link for my Yayoi Kusama blog post. So much win!
8. Saw a tree with yellow and orange leaves a day before we left Denmark. I love autumn!
9. I attended a Danish wedding for the first time. The ceremony was no-nonsense (fast and to the point with a few songs in the hymnal book) and then champagne for all guests as soon as the ceremony is over. The wedding party was a whole different story - formal dinner, heartfelt toasts and super fun dance floor.
10. I was able to buy MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus and a Ruby Woo back-up from the Dubai Duty Free. Not sure if it was indeed duty free because the usual $16-17 tube of lipstick set me back $26. That's more than a hundred pesos than the regular price here in the Philippines. Still my make-up kit is happy and my pucker red and vibrant. LOL!
That sums up my happy list this week. Do you list down things that made you happy too? Do share, I would love to know.